Guangzhou trip 09-12Jul

Category: , By @nGeline
My flight to Guangzhou wasn't that fantastic.. frankly speaking, travelling by tiger air is nv a gd experience. Not-so-friendly staffs + uncomfortable seats (Not much leg space even for a average girl like me!) + No water (Mineral water costs $3.50!!!!!!) bla bla blah...

Guangzhou Baiyun international airport is quite new, probably less than 8 yrs old. Our taxi journey takes about 40min to reach our hotel. Costs 140¥, which I find it cheap. We travel around almost by cab all the time, except for once whr we can't find a cab at all... hv to take mrt..

We stayed at Holiday Inn Hotel Shifu, where is centrally located in their busy shopping district called 上下九街. The room rate is about S$110 per night, quite reasonable, as we r very near to the shopping district, conveniently located near mrt n shopping malls. Our room is gigantic lor.. so big, tat we requested to stay in one room instead or two, cos we have 2 queen beds.. but they refused, as they cannot have 4 people in 1 room n will b fined if caught..


Look at the space we have in our room.. damn big right!!???

We had buffet dinner at Grand Hyatt hotel, where Andy paid the bill.. Realli very tasty lor. I missed the 卤大肠 lor... super super fat n nice. Haiz... I cannot find this type of big intestines in sg for sure..


I guess the best part of Guangzhou is the children wholesale markets. can really get anything, everything! My sis n Pat were so busy buying for their children, and ended up spending more than half their RMB... haha. Luckily we have a mobile exchanger who can withdraw money for us *_^


Went to Beijing street and Zhongshan Lu. Overall this place is super crowded with people. Always, very very dusty.. I hv to wear face mask for the first day as I was not used to the road dust.. Too much for me..



I guess the only thing I love or recommend about Guangzhou is their dim sum. Very very gd n cheap. I find it better than those in hong kong n sg. Mus try! We had dim sum and lunch at this place called 陶陶居 near our hotel. The restaurant is abotu 4-storey high, sure big enuff to accommodate the long quene.


Also, not forgetting about our cheap n nice massage, where the locals called 浴足. 70min massage for 43¥!!!! We have herbal foot spa + neck, shoulder, back, face n leg massage. They provide fruits, chinese tea n fruit juice too. Damn cheap n superb service.. The only thing I dun like is their neck massage.. Probably I hv stiff neck, so I was almost screaming out when she was massaging my neck.. Phew!


Overall, quite a relaxing n nice trip. Can go if there's cheap airfare. I guess I won't go the second time, as I do not like the shopping tat much, unlike my sis n Pat..

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?